( CNN) The Book of Genesis calls her “the mother of all living.” She’s not just the first woman; she’s also the first mom. She’s Eve.
Yet because we focus primarily on her mistakes and watch the first lady of Eden as the one who introduced sin, deceit and even death into the world, we rarely learn the lessons her example can teach us about motherhood.
At this moment when religion seems in the crosshairs of Western civilization, maybe Eve can help us understand the unique role women play in maintaining the strength of the family.
- Hes Not Your Forever Person Unless He Actually Puts Effort Into These 12 Things
- When a woman took sick days for mental health, her email sparked a larger discussion
- Trump taunt over Comey tape draws disbelief
- Former WH official: Obama did not record private meetings
- WeWork Is Launching a Grade School for Budding Entrepreneurs
- 9 tweets show how wrong Trump’s FCC chair is on net neutrality.
- Mother accused of fatally stabbing family gives thumbs-up in court
- How to experience Hanoi through the eyes of a local, for free
- Secret Service relaxes marijuana policy in bid to swell ranks
- Canadian envoy arrives in Pyongyang, North Korean media says
- Man held prisoner by Taliban thought captors were joking about Trump presidency
- The Shift 2018 Will Have On Your Love Life, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Violent clashes in Venezuela as thousands protest socialist government
- Young Syrian girl tweets support for strikes on base
- Charley Hoffman dominates after Dustin Johnsons Augusta withdrawal
- From Syria to Black Lives Matter: 3 ways WWI still shapes America
- Im Slowly Learning To Trust The Timing Of My Life
- The iPhone X is the most breakable iPhone ever
- Beyond pho: 5 of Hanoi’s top noodle dishes
- Would you risk jail for a cup of tea? – BBC News
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Police review board says Charlotte shooting justified