Washington( CNN) The Trump administration can claim a genuine foreign policy win, marked by deft diplomacy on two continents, following the passage of the most punitive UN sanctions ever imposed against North Korea.
But it is impossible to say whether the$ 1 billion blow will slow the most serious national security crisis facing President Donald Trump: Pyongyang’s race to top an intercontinental ballistic missile who are able to hit US soil with a nuclear warhead.
Washington and its friends will hope that the new assault on Pyongyang’s already heavily sanctioned economy will change Kim Jong Un’s computations in the building nuclear showdown.
Russia, North Korea pose challenges to US
Haley: Sanctions are a gut punch to N. Korea
McMaster: Trump has N. Korea military options
Poll: Refusing acceptance for Trump at 200 days
- Shut up, I’m not depressed, you’re depressed
- Hes Not Your Forever Person Unless He Actually Puts Effort Into These 12 Things
- Jordan Trail: A trek through history via ancient villages and wild wadis
- President Trump Keeps His Distance From His Wife Melania. Why?
- New lawsuits cite Trump comments, tweets to challenge voting panel
- Military Recruit Gets Taste of Instant Karma After Sleeping With Deployed Soldier’s Wife
- This artist is spray painting St. Louis’ history
- Pentagon delays decision on transgender recruits
- Former Playmate Dani Mathers Gets 3 Years Probation In Body Shaming Case
- Cards Against Humanity has a special holiday surprise for Donald Trump and his border wall
- Trump announces Jon Huntsman for Russia ambassador
- Tiger Woods rules himself out of the 2017 Masters
- Transcript: Rep. Mo Brooks recounts GOP shootings
- Wake up! The ‘world’s strongest coffee’ is now being sold in America
- Charley Hoffman dominates after Dustin Johnsons Augusta withdrawal
- What Each Zodiac Sign Does When They Are Secretly Not Okay
- The internet couldn’t disagree more with this school district that has dropped ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’