Washington( CNN) The Trump administration can claim a genuine foreign policy win, marked by deft diplomacy on two continents, following the passage of the most punitive UN sanctions ever imposed against North Korea.
But it is impossible to say whether the$ 1 billion blow will slow the most serious national security crisis facing President Donald Trump: Pyongyang’s race to top an intercontinental ballistic missile who are able to hit US soil with a nuclear warhead.
Washington and its friends will hope that the new assault on Pyongyang’s already heavily sanctioned economy will change Kim Jong Un’s computations in the building nuclear showdown.
Russia, North Korea pose challenges to US
Haley: Sanctions are a gut punch to N. Korea
McMaster: Trump has N. Korea military options
Poll: Refusing acceptance for Trump at 200 days
- Why the Chinese didnt fall for Weetabixs soggy serving of mush
- Top White House aides press Trump to pull back on Sessions criticism
- When a woman took sick days for mental health, her email sparked a larger discussion
- Watch Toby Keith Play An All-Male Show In Saudi Arabia During Trump’s Visit
- Open thread: what books do you find most attractive in a potential partner?
- Bear messing with water tank gets hit in the nuts!
- Dont Fall In Love With My Body, Fall In Love With The Way I Think
- Hey Everybody, Jurassic World Sucked (And Here’s Why)
- Andy Murray admits paying price of battle to reach top of world rankings
- This viral photo says a lot about what the NFL protests are actually about.
- What it means to be pansexual
- Rare ‘Argyle Everglow’ Fancy Red diamond could sell for millions
- One man turned nursing home design on its head when he created this stunning facility.
- What goes on in the mind of ‘trolls’
- Two Baltimore detectives plead guilty in racketeering case
- For two dozen, getting stuck on Six Flags ride no joking matter
- Rep. Al Green hypes next week’s vote to impeach the ‘bigot-in-chief’