( CNN) The recent breakdownof Republican efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare can be blamed on discrepancies about policy more than anything else.
For seven years, Republicans throughout all stages of government were able to enunciate the simple message that President Barack Obama’s signature health care law had to go, and a specify of better, market-based policies needed to replace it.
But once the GOP captured control of the White House and both houses of Congress, it became clear that the devil truly was in the details. Within their own ranks, Republicans remain subdivided on fundamental questions of policy — whether to change how Medicaid is financed, whether there should to be tax credits to help low-income Americans afford private insurance, and how far to be done in order to deregulating the marketplace.
- Netflixs Bright reached 11M viewers in its first three days, according to Nielsen
- I Am Heath Ledger review uncommonly tender portrait avoids the hard questions
- Contemplative Kitten Has A Dilemma
- The fight is not over.
- Vice chair of ‘Election Integrity’ group repeatedly backed Trump’s unfounded claim that millions voted illegally
- Trump’s Tax Promises Undercut by CEO Plans to Help Investors
- Christians Surpass FEMA in Hurricane Disaster Relief, Providing 80 Percent of Aid
- Gordon Brown and Shakira: G20 leaders agreed to education financing, now comes the harder part
- Iran nuclear deal: Rex Tillerson accuses Tehran of ‘alarming provocations’
- CNN 10 – April 7, 2017
- Leftist candidate Jean-Luc Melenchon shakes up France’s presidential race
- Heres The Deleted Scene From It That Was Too Gruesome To Show In Theaters
- US attacks Syria: Live updates
- Zara’s Cheaper Sister Brand, Bershka, Just Opened A Store In The U.S.
- China to question Apple about use of app streaming to beat censors
- Bear messing with water tank gets hit in the nuts!
- Forced into porn: Japan moves to stop women being coerced into sex films
- Ian Brady, notorious British serial killer, dies at 79
- The 2017 Nat Geo Nature Photographer of the Year Winners are Here and Amazing
- Man held prisoner by Taliban thought captors were joking about Trump presidency
- Breitbart: Feminists are becoming witches to hex Donald Trump
- ‘Strong and stable leadership!’ Could Theresa May’s rhetorical carpet-bombing backfire?