( CNN) An internal evaluation committee in the Charlotte, North Carolina, police department has determined the fatal shooting of Keith Lamont Scott by an officer was justified.
In a report liberated to Scott’s family Friday, the actions of Officer Brentley Vinson on September 20, 2016, were ruled to be lawful and in accordance with department policy. The report was issued by the Independent Shooting Review Board of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.
“The board concluded that Officer Vinson’s use of deadly army by discharging his service weapon when faced with Mr. Scott’s action of exiting his vehicle armed with a handgun, and refusing to drop-off the firearm after numerous commands to do so, was a justified use of force pursuant to CMPD policy.”
- NAACP dismisses its president in ‘systemwide refresh’
- This pastry chef leans on her STEM background to design impossible-looking desserts.
- Age is just a number: Doris Day turns 95 two years earlier than planned
- What is a special counsel and how much power do they have?
- What Your Bridesmaids Dresses Say About The Type of Bride You Are
- Chelsea Manning posts first picture of herself since release
- Why women are taking to YouTube in Saudi Arabia
- Pick-up Lines From Lord Of The Rings
- NASA released a simulation of all 2017’s hurricanes.
- Falling for feijoas: the fruit New Zealand wants the world to love
- Stay Single Until You Meet A Guy Like This
- Speed-reading apps: can you really read a novel in your lunch hour?
- Georgia student in police beating video says he feared for his life
- What is obstruction of justice?
- Gordon Brown and Shakira: G20 leaders agreed to education financing, now comes the harder part
- Underwater waterfall and 12 other Mauritius must-sees
- Contemplative Kitten Has A Dilemma
- What Are These Awkward Leather Things? – Video
- Outcry as Utah judge calls Mormon bishop who raped girl a good man
- Senate Passes Massive Tax Cuts For The Rich In Middle Of The Night
- Would Trump make a good royal?
- Eurovision 2017: Gorilla suits, gypsy hip-hop, and the winner was half-decent