( CNN) An internal evaluation committee in the Charlotte, North Carolina, police department has determined the fatal shooting of Keith Lamont Scott by an officer was justified.
In a report liberated to Scott’s family Friday, the actions of Officer Brentley Vinson on September 20, 2016, were ruled to be lawful and in accordance with department policy. The report was issued by the Independent Shooting Review Board of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.
“The board concluded that Officer Vinson’s use of deadly army by discharging his service weapon when faced with Mr. Scott’s action of exiting his vehicle armed with a handgun, and refusing to drop-off the firearm after numerous commands to do so, was a justified use of force pursuant to CMPD policy.”
- Apparent airplane debris found off coast of Bahamas
- Maduro foes to boycott vote, plan protest as Venezuela’s divisions deepen
- Multiple Deaths Reported In Shooting Rampage Ending At Elementary School
- Donald Trump Attacks Democrats Not Clapping At State Of The Union As ‘Treasonous’
- After Trump’s visit to Puerto Rico, Mayor of San Juan wears a ‘NASTY’ T-shirt in a TV interview
- Thaler, Famed for Nudge Theory, Wins Nobel Economics Prize
- Macy Gray talks racism in America and her biggest problem with Trump
- The world’s largest model airport is incredible.
- Trump Jr. attorney offers details about 8th person at meeting
- Wrinkles, tentacles and oval eyes: How depictions of aliens have evolved
- Why women are taking to YouTube in Saudi Arabia
- The 2020 Democratic race is underway. Here are 5 takeaways
- What is obstruction of justice?
- US navy strike group to move towards Korean peninsula, official says
- Protesters injured outside Turkish embassy in DC after Trump-Erdogan meeting
- Another local election buoys Merkel’s party ahead of German national vote #Europe
- The Likely Lads actor Rodney Bewes dies
- Ever heard a mountain lion’s scream?
- Vietnam’s booming craft beer scene
- UK wants to send ‘colossal’ warships to test Beijing’s claims in S. China Sea
- Starz announces ‘John Wick’ TV spinoff
- 10 Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Make Cool Again