( CNN) Nashville Mayor Megan Barry returned to work Monday, more than a few weeks after her 22 -year-old son died.
Her son, Max Barry, died from an apparent overdose on July 29, the mayor and her husband, Bruce, said in a statement last month.
The mayor began her first day back at work by greeting infants who were on their first day back to school, according to CNN affiliate WKRN.She handed out supplies and knapsacks to the young students.
- Venezuela: Maduro claims huge voter turnout
- Ann Coulter isn’t letting Berkeley off easy for messing with her speech
- Republican senators poised to vote today on health care. What you need to know
- Latinos thrive in radio and TV despite Trump
- How to experience Hanoi through the eyes of a local, for free
- Me: I Should Clean My Room – Me After Picking…
- Pubs scammed by $100 notes featuring ‘not for circulation’ in big pink Chinese script
- Bob Muellers Investigation Is Largerand Further AlongThan You Think
- Dershowitz: Most serious charge ever against a sitting US president
- Transcript: Rep. Mo Brooks recounts GOP shootings
- Bashar al-Assad trained as a doctor. How did he become a mass murderer? | Ranjana Srivastava
- Logging Truck Makes Impossibly Tight Right Turn
- Kevin McCarthy: Comment that Putin is paying Trump was bad joke
- US Open 2017: Brooks Koepka wins maiden major title
- Become A White Hat Hacker With This Discounted Course Bundle
- Remove Cat Before Flight – Video
- Some of that explosive book on Trump will be proved wrong. Here’s what won’t.
- Im Slowly Learning To Trust The Timing Of My Life
- Refugee returns home to find it spray-painted with nasty anti-Muslim graffiti
- Co-working spaces are the future of work but that could be a good thing
- 90 hospitalized during Chance the Rapper concert
- 16 Things We Forget To Thank Our Moms For