( CNN) Nashville Mayor Megan Barry returned to work Monday, more than a few weeks after her 22 -year-old son died.
Her son, Max Barry, died from an apparent overdose on July 29, the mayor and her husband, Bruce, said in a statement last month.
The mayor began her first day back at work by greeting infants who were on their first day back to school, according to CNN affiliate WKRN.She handed out supplies and knapsacks to the young students.
- Rob Lowe is your new Colonel Sanders
- WATCH: Alabama Sam’s Club Erupts Into Bone-Chilling Worship Service
- Florida governor: Zuckerberg missed out by skipping Trump meeting
- Trump: ‘Bothersome’ that Mueller is ‘very good friends’ with Comey
- Georgia student in police beating video says he feared for his life
- Venezuela: Maduro claims huge voter turnout
- Wife Texts Husband She Brought A Dog Home While The Pic Shows A Coyote, And He Seriously Freaks Out
- When a woman took sick days for mental health, her email sparked a larger discussion
- To fix health care, look to state governors
- Sergio Garca shines at Masters to raise hopes of end to major drought
- Why The New ‘Star Trek’ Series Is The Best One Ever Made
- Las Vegas shooting: At least 59 dead in massacre Trump calls ‘act of pure evil’
- Dershowitz: Most serious charge ever against a sitting US president
- James Comey Fast Facts
- Erin Moran: actor who played Joanie Cunningham in Happy Days dies at 56
- Trump’s 1st foreign trip: 5 takeaways
- Huge fleet of icebergs hits North Atlantic shipping lanes