Washington( CNN) The only astound about President Donald Trump’s flare-up with Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell is that it took so long.
The Kentuckian is the archetypal senator, a boy of few public words who favor Capitol hill backrooms to Twitter, who reveres the chamber he produces and adoration the political long game so much that he named his memoir after it.
Both humankinds are protective of the power that they wield — but both men, along with House Speaker Paul Ryan — are critical to the enactment of a meaningful legacy for the Republican Party’s current monopoly in power. So if they are on a different page, it’s news.
Trump slams McConnell in new tweet
Trump won’t commit to McConnell’s future
- Jakarta election challenger Anies accused of courting Islamic vote amid religious divide
- Talking about a new generation festivals ditch the heritage acts
- Trump taunt over Comey tape draws disbelief
- Enter Japanese master Katsuya Kamo’s world of fantasy headpieces
- Shenzhen’s never-ending skyscraper boom
- Tillerson, Mattis present united front on North Korea, urge China to act
- North Carolina leaders reach deal to repeal bathroom bill, but many see flaws
- Arkansas cannot use drug needed for any scheduled executions, judge rules
- Would Trump make a good royal?
- Forced into porn: Japan moves to stop women being coerced into sex films
- Torch-bearing white nationalists march ahead of alt-right rally
- 5 Interesting Maps That Use the United States as a Reference Point
- Facebook rolls out AI to detect suicidal posts before theyre reported
- Trump should be fighting ISIS, not Syria
- Donald Trump just suggested the FBI, Democrats and Russia might all be co-conspirators
- Hundreds feared buried in Sri Lanka rubbish dump landslide
- Rob Lowe is your new Colonel Sanders
- REPORT: Russian Pop Star Rounded Up And Tortured To Death In Chechnya’s Gay Purge
- Nixon Library weighs in: Comey firing ‘#notNixonian’
- ‘Strong and stable leadership!’ Could Theresa May’s rhetorical carpet-bombing backfire?
- US takes turn atop UN Security Council
- A bunch of Amazon customers were told about a purchase on their non-existent baby registries