Washington( CNN) The only astound about President Donald Trump’s flare-up with Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell is that it took so long.
The Kentuckian is the archetypal senator, a boy of few public words who favor Capitol hill backrooms to Twitter, who reveres the chamber he produces and adoration the political long game so much that he named his memoir after it.
Both humankinds are protective of the power that they wield — but both men, along with House Speaker Paul Ryan — are critical to the enactment of a meaningful legacy for the Republican Party’s current monopoly in power. So if they are on a different page, it’s news.
Trump slams McConnell in new tweet
Trump won’t commit to McConnell’s future
- The 6 Most Savage Lines From Larry Nassar’s Sentencing Yesterday
- Latinos thrive in radio and TV despite Trump
- Social airline concepts make flying more fun
- 5-Yr-Old Found “Clinging to a Church Pew” After Being Shot 5 Times in Texas Massacre Miraculously Survives
- Donald Trump’s Earth Day Statement Is Shameful
- US signals openness to Assad staying put
- The enduring appeal of Adrian Mole, aged 50 – BBC News
- China shows off newest weapons in huge military parade
- Atlanta-area sheriff charged with indecency, obstruction
- Adorable Raccoon Tries To Catch Rain Drops – Video
- When The People We Dream About Dont Dream About Us
- Settlement reached in Michael Brown civil lawsuit
- Feel Terrible? These 5 Reality Shows Will Definitely Help
- Planned Parenthood’s Richards wishes more women made health decisions in Congress
- This Amateur Video of the Falcon Heavy Landing is Amazing and the Sound is Unreal
- Outcry as Utah judge calls Mormon bishop who raped girl a good man
- You can now get a gender neutral driver’s license in D.C.
- Trump’s transgender tweets are an affront to the all-volunteer military
- UK wants to send ‘colossal’ warships to test Beijing’s claims in S. China Sea
- Watch Toby Keith Play An All-Male Show In Saudi Arabia During Trump’s Visit
- Venezuela’s political crisis explained
- Joe Biden launching political action committee