Hanoi( CNN) I’m standing in a darknes, big chamber in Hanoi’s Hoa Lo Prison, where Vietnamese prisoners were once held by the French.
Mental strength was key for these prisoners, she says, as they plotted and schemed escapes from within these gloomy walls.
It’s a sobering look at the brutal impact of French rule in the two countries( 1887 -1 954 ).
Is this the world’s cheapest draft beer?
In Hanoi, it’s all about egg coffee
- This lieutenant general’s incredible speech against racism is a must-watch.
- Ranking The Zodiac Signs By Who Is Most Difficult To Love
- Victorian-era ivory vibrator generates excitement at Irish auction
- Riding a Wild Wind, Transatlantic Jets Fly Faster Than Ever
- Bear messing with water tank gets hit in the nuts!
- Sessions has no regrets for Hawaii remark
- GOP leaders move to break health care gridlock
- Nestl acquires a majority stake in Blue Bottle Coffee at a valuation north of $700M
- Latinos thrive in radio and TV despite Trump
- A Sneak Peek Of What 2018 Will Be Like For You, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Cuba-US relations: 6 key things you need to know
- Man held prisoner by Taliban thought captors were joking about Trump presidency
- Unscripted Trump takes on tough questions
- This New Theory About Trump’s Weight Is Our Favorite Conspiracy Ever
- This artist is spray painting St. Louis’ history
- Melania Trump will always have Paris
- The end of the line for American long-distance trains?
- Mueller and Comey have a history
- Forced into porn: Japan moves to stop women being coerced into sex films
- Mom Pleads You to Look for These Flu Symptoms After Healthy 27-Year-Old Daughter Dies
- James Comey urges FBI to maintain independence amid sacking fallout
- WA shark attack: authorities try to identify predator after teenage surfer killed