Hanoi( CNN) I’m standing in a darknes, big chamber in Hanoi’s Hoa Lo Prison, where Vietnamese prisoners were once held by the French.
Mental strength was key for these prisoners, she says, as they plotted and schemed escapes from within these gloomy walls.
It’s a sobering look at the brutal impact of French rule in the two countries( 1887 -1 954 ).
Is this the world’s cheapest draft beer?
In Hanoi, it’s all about egg coffee
- A Sneak Peek Of What 2018 Will Be Like For You, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Russell Westbrook ties 55-year-old record for triple-doubles
- Contemplative Kitten Has A Dilemma
- Tiger Woods rules himself out of the 2017 Masters
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Pope Francis expresses shame over Catholic church sexual abuse scandals
- Trump adds Poland stop during G20 trip
- Venezuela’s Leopoldo Lopez returns to house arrest
- Andy Murray admits paying price of battle to reach top of world rankings
- Tim Kaine’s son faces misdemeanor charges after Trump rally incident
- What happens if Turkey changes its constitution
- Protesters injured outside Turkish embassy in DC after Trump-Erdogan meeting
- Facebook rolls out AI to detect suicidal posts before theyre reported
- Trump joins battle for the soul of the West — to a point
- Outcry after Arkansas judge who stayed executions joins anti-death penalty rally
- Senate Passes Massive Tax Cuts For The Rich In Middle Of The Night
- What Nobody Tells You About Raising an Anxious Child